23 May 2017
For our Summer Festival on Saturday 8th July between 12.30-4.30 we will be closing part of our street (Manor Gardens N7 6LA) and hosting a range of stalls, food, fun activities, live music and some art activities.
We need volunteers to help on the day – we’d love lots of people of all ages to become involved, volunteer and have some fun.
• To leaflet in local street, key venues, stations etc and put up posters
• To publicise on social media
• To liaise with local businesses and get tombola prizes etc
Setters-up Saturday 8th July
• To put up gazebos, staging, chairs, tables etc – from 8am onwards
Meeter and greeters – from 10.30am onwards
• to welcome stall holders and take them to their pitch
• to liaise with musicians and show them where to assemble
• to liaise with food stalls and show them where to set up
• to meet distinguished guests and take to Phillip
Stewards - from 12.15 onwards
• To welcome people as they come in and hand them a programme
• To staff the street barriers and direct traffic to the diversion signs
• To keep an eye on each of the designated spaces and look out for people looking lost, ill, hot/cold, lost children etc and help them appropriately
• To show people where the toilets/quiet room/first aid etc are
• To stay with the main features (food, bands, tea tent etc) and provide point of contact to get things that are needed from other parts of the fair so that nothing needs to be left untended
• To take stills of all the activities and events
• To take video of all the activities and events
• To help us run stalls eg tombola, tea, tent, children’s activities
Time: 10.30am till 5.30pm, although volunteers would be welcome to do either a morning or an afternoon shift if you can't do all day.
Location: Manor Gardens Centre, 6-9 Manor Gardens, London N7 6LA. Contact: Norma Parsad, Centre Manager, email@example.com 020 7561 5263.