Our Stroke Champions are trained volunteers who support stroke survivors and their carers on a weekly or monthly basis. You might support our members at our Stroke Club or accompany them on trips. You might help sort out queries and act as befrienders. Our staff and long-term volunteers are always keen to make sure there’s lots going on so you can keep busy and get the most out of your time with us.
What will I get in return?
There are lots of opportunities for you to get involved and develop personally:
- Make a real difference to someone’s life by, for instance, helping them get the right equipment so they can open their letters and keep up to date with their bills
- Gain office skills writing up case studies and managing data
- Get experience of social work, from home-visits to needs assessments
- Develop communication skills, meeting a wide range of people and running sessions at the Stroke Club.
- Real satisfaction knowing you’ve made a lasting difference to someone’s life
- Get great professional experience and a reference
- Be the first to find out about free training opportunities and events at Manor Gardens
- Become part of the wider Manor Gardens family.
If you are interested in becoming a Stroke Champion email Jessica firstname.lastname@example.org